The parent group was established as a means by which the Head and Executive Committee might consult with the parent body on issues pertinent to the school. Since its inception the group has gathered feedback from parents that have been used by the school to improve:
- Pupil Transition
- School uniform
- Communication between home and school
- Healthy eating
The groups aim is to meet at least once every term, parents are informed of the dates and times of meeting via letter/text message.
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Oak Tree. The parent group aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers, staff and Executive Committee. The group works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
The group is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Headteacher.
- To support and promote children’s learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children